G.W. Carver Primary School
LEARNERS TODAY, LEADERS TOMORROW, SUCCESS STARTS HERE!
LED BY PRINCIPAL DR. MARTHA M. BABIN AND ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL DOROTHY THOMPSON
GRADES: Pre-K through 5th
OFFICE HOURS OF OPERATION: 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- FIRST CLASS BELL: 7:55 a.m.
- LAST CLASS BELL: 3:17 p.m.
TAGLINE: Learners today, leaders tomorrow, success starts here!!!!
ADDRESS: 11310 Legacy Oaks Lane; Gonzales, LA 70737
CONTACT: 225-391-6800; 225-391-6801 fax
SOCIAL MEDIA: G.W. Carver Primary Facebook
Early Childhood Program
- Pre-K and Headstart applicants only.
Public School Pre-K and Head Start programs are state and federally funded and income based; therefore, there are limited openings available at each site. Completing an application does NOT guarantee placement. Students are NOT accepted on a first come, first serve basis. All applicants who have a completed application will be processed in August. Accepted participants will be notified the second or third week of the new school year.
Online Student Registration
Kindergarten 21-2022 registration begins March 15th.
New Students 2020-21:
Returning Students 2020-21:
- Excluding Early Childhood Programs such as Pre-Kindergarten and Headstart.
- Registration for returning and new students.
- If the parent does not have an electric or gas bill in their name, an affidavit must be completed and approved through the Child Welfare and Attendance Office.
- Inquiries about registration should be directed to school administration.
Ascension Public Schools cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we will transition from paper to electronic flyer delivery via Peachjar.